Excise TAX in UAE
The introduction of the Excise TAX was done to:
- Raise Government revenues
- Discourage the consumption of goods which is considered harmful to our health or the environment.
The rates are:
- 100% on tobacco products & energy drinks
- 50% on carbonated beverages
- Excise tax compliance
Who should register for Excise Tax in the UAE?
- Producers of Excise goods.
- Importers of Excise goods.
- Stockpiles of Excise goods.
- Warehouse keepers are responsible for excise goods.
Documents Required for Excise TAX
An applicant registering for excise tax should provide the following:
- Details of the applicant (name / legal type / other legal details)
- Contact Details
- Banking information
- Business Activity & related information
- Customs Registration details